Ready to fall asleep during your root canal? At Dental Arts of Hastings-on-Hudson our root canal specialist, also known as an endodontist, is well regarded in the Westchester community for the surprising comfort and care during root canal procedures.
A Root Canal Is Needed In The Following Scenarios:
- The tooth is decayed into the pulp or nerve of the tooth, and a filling cannot fix the problem
- The tooth or nerve has become infected
- Trauma or injury to the tooth that has affected the nerve
- The nerve of the tooth has died
Why Choose Dental Arts of Hastings-on-Hudson for Your Root Canal procedure?
- Board certified endodontist with a well proven track record of successful outcomes
- 20 years of experience in root canal dentistry
- Precision instruments ensure complete disinfection of the tooth
- Extraordinary care is given to your comfort
- High quality materials are used to save the tooth
- Cost effective root canal care allows for payment plans and utilization of insurance
How a root canal is performed:
- A small hole is made with precision instruments to protect the tooth, and the infected nerve, decay, and pulp are removed
- The canals of the tooth are sterilized and medication is placed
- A temporary filling is placed until a final crown can be delivered to restore the tooth to its original strength and function
Warning Signs That You May Need A Root Canal
- Sensitivity to hot, cold, pressure
- A severe toothache
- Pain upon chewing
- When the tooth becomes darker
If you think you may need a root canal, or a cavity has gone long unchecked, book a free consultation with our Endodontist to save your tooth.