Are you panicking because your denture broke? Don’t worry, it’s a common problem that can be fixed.
Here are some steps to follow:
- First, stay calm and don’t try to fix the denture yourself. You may cause more damage and make the repair process more difficult.
- Next, gather any broken pieces and store them safely in a small container or plastic bag. Bring them with you to your dentist appointment.
- Call your dentist to schedule an emergency appointment. Explain the situation to the receptionist and they will try to fit you in as soon as possible.
- In the meantime, avoid wearing the broken denture to prevent injury or discomfort. You may also want to eat soft foods or liquids until your denture is fixed.
- When you see your dentist, they will examine the damage and discuss repair options with you. Depending on the severity of the damage, they may be able to repair the denture in-office or send it to a dental lab for more extensive repairs.
- Your dentist may also take this opportunity to check the fit of your denture and make any necessary adjustments. This will ensure your denture is comfortable and functions properly.
- Finally, take good care of your denture to prevent future damage. Handle it carefully, clean it daily, and store it in a safe place when not in use.
Remember, breaking a denture is a common issue that can be fixed quickly and easily with the help of your dentist.
So, take a deep breath and call Dental Arts of Hastings-on-Hudson for a denture repair appointment.